Susane Colasanti is also on a blog tour for Waiting for You. (Story Siren, et al)
Battle of the Kids’ Books Winner: The Hunger Games!
In the much-anticipated final round: The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor to the Nation, Vol. II: The Kingdom of the Waves took the silver, and the gold went to reader favorite The Hunger Games.
More SF/Fantasy to be found…
In May’s Bookslut in Training, Colleen Mondor encourages readers who love YA fantasy to expand their reading horizons:
Having made myself nearly physically ill from the number of truly lame “I didn’t know I was really a vampire or a werewolf or a fairy or another previously unknown magical beast until I became a teenager and got sent off to boarding school” titles, I am perilously close to washing my hands of the whole genre. In an effort to still love fantasy, I have purposely cast the SFF net much wider to find titles that won’t sicken me or my readers.
Quick links…
YA Wednesday favorite readergirlz wins an Innovations in Reading prize from the National Book Foundation.
John Green wins an Edgar Award for Paper Towns.
Roger Sutton interviews YA author Sarah Dessen in The Horn Book about her new book, Along for the Ride.
Melissa Marr (Fragile Eternity) revels with fans at the Faery Ball in Houston.
Happy reading.–Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment